Committed to making a difference in our community.
CDW’s leadership goes beyond our role in the tech industry to serve as a trusted and valued partner in the community. CDW and our family of coworkers are generous contributors of time and money to many national and local charities. CDW contributes to established IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are located and/or operating near a CDW location in the following areas:
- Chandler, AZ
- Shelton, CT
- Chicago, IL
- Mettawa, IL
- Vernon Hills, IL
- Eatontown, NJ
- Voorhees, NJ
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Herndon, VA
- Madison, WI
Most grants fall into the following focus areas:
Education & Literacy
- The number of 21st Century jobs that require proficiency in science and math is growing exponentially. STEM initiatives were created to address the perceived lack of qualified candidates for high-tech jobs. We support schools and organizations focusing on improving K-12 student academic achievement with a heavy focus in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- For individuals, lack of basic literacy skills can lead to unemployment or low-paying, dead-end jobs. Low literacy levels can affect economic development, diminish the effectiveness of local government and citizen participation, and place a heavy financial and educational burden on local schools. Increased literacy means there will be more potential job-candidates who know how to use reading, writing, listening and viewing, speaking and presenting, and critical thinking skills to benefit the business.
By providing new ways for providers and their patients to readily access and use health information, information technology has the potential to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. We strive to improve the quality and access to affordable healthcare through support of innovative technology-based programs.
Military / Veterans
We honor patriotism and service to our country. We believe those who wear the uniform do so with a sense of duty. We honor our veterans, wounded warriors, active-duty and their families by providing technology and support to help our military and their families while deployed and after they return home.
We strive to be a good corporate citizen. We have a responsibility to respond to the needs of the communities where we live and work, especially when basic human needs are involved.
CDW expects the highest standard of ethics with regard to all organizations, their directors and employees who benefit from contributions made. CDW and our coworkers believe in our values and we seek out partnerships from other organizations who strive for the same in their fields. CDW is continually re-evaluating its funding priorities and processes. Our guidelines may be revised from time to time.
CDW does not consider contributions to:
- Capital campaigns
- Religious organizations (except when accredited schools are involved)
- Politicians, political organizations or lobbying activities
- Local organizations that raise funds to send overseas
CDW Customers Seeking Contributions: CDW values the partnerships we have with our customers. Occasionally, CDW will make in-kind contributions of in-stock product to IRS 501(c)(3) charities that our customers support. If you are a CDW customer and would like to have a charity considered, please complete our online Customer Donation Request Application.
While we are unable to fulfill all the requests we receive, we do our best to help as many organizations as we can. If you have any questions, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
Please allow 4 weeks for your request to be reviewed.